We can all probably think of someone who always seems to be unhappy or is moaning about every little thing. We definitely don't want to be one of those people, right?! But would you recognise when you are running a negative pattern of thought?
You know, it can be easier than we realise to get ourselves in a cycle of negativity. Maybe we have something happen in our lives that we aren't expecting or we don't want to happen. It can be easy to question why me, or say things like this always happens to me. But as soon as you say these things to yourself it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. You begin to look for the negatives and you fail to see the positives, even when they are staring you in the face.
Let's get down to what you want to know, how do you identify you are running this thought pattern? After all, most people don't want to admit they are being negative!
Read the questions below and answer them honestly.
1. When was the last time you complimented yourself or gave yourself recognition for an achievement?
2. Do you hear a negative voice inside your mind that puts you down and criticises you?
3. Do you find you are quick to make judgement on other people?
4. Do you replay in your mind things that have happened in the past?
5. Have you noticed that you can sometimes feel like life has dealt you a rough hand?
6. Do you feel as though people around you often contribute to things that go wrong in your life?
7. Does it sometimes irritate you when people are overly chirpy and happy?
8. Do you feel overly tired and exhausted?
9. When was the last time you felt happy and content?
Reflect on your own responses.
Where do you see your mindset at now?